Friday, December 23, 2011

Goals

I have so many photos to post to this blog, and haven't found very much time. Between my day job, and my photography business it is hard to keep up with things like that. Don't worry I'll get better. 
I have so many plans and dreams for the future, and since 2012 is right around the corner, I decided it is time to make some goals to reach this dream of mine. 
I have loved photography since I was a little girl. I never thought I'd actually end up wanting to do it as a career choice though. It was probably the furthest thing from my mind. When I started actually doing photo shoots my senior year of high school, my love and passion for this grew more and more. Now I'm here light years away from where I was in high school, and I know that this is what I want to be doing. It's all just a matter of getting there.
So here are some goals I have for myself:
-Legalize the business
-Attain more props
-Have a legitimate website
-Raise my prices. I realize this goal may not sound good to some, but the raise wouldn't be very much. I need to raise them though if I want this to be worth the amount of time I put into it. I put so much time and love into my photography, and only those who are photographers could really know how much time is put into a photo shoot.
-Have custom CD cases for all of your images
-Be able to go to bridal fairs
-Give you a video with music to all images (this is mostly for couples, weddings, etc.)
-Master my new Photo Shop Elements
-Purchase more lenses(this one might take the longest to achieve)
-Put out adds

I'm sure there will be more that I will think of, but for now this looks good. I'm so inspired, and ready to start this dream of mine. It may be strange to all of you that I put down these goals on the blog, but I put them to show you how hard I'm willing to work to get to where I want to be. 
I may not be the girl who has ever had a significant amount of self confidence, but with this I believe in myself. I think that is one of the first steps to reaching your dreams; believing in yourself. 
So whether you want to do photography, be a professional dancer, football player, or doctor, the first thing you need is to believe in yourself. 
I'm ready.

1 comment:

Alea said...

I didn't realize you had a photography business! It's quite a lot of fun isn't it? ;-)

If you ever want to chat photography/business I'm here. I love to talk about this stuff. I love to bounce ideas off of other artists! And I LOVE the idea of an exchange! SO many pictures... very little of me and my family! ;-)